Monday 1 October 2012

Diary Entry 1

Dear Diary,
Well this is my first entry and I’m not quite sure what to say so I will tell you how my day has been. Today I haven’t done much to feeling too tired. I struggled to get to sleep as I felt too achy to get comfortable in bed which ended in me lying sideways across my bed with my knees at the edge dangling. Once I was asleep, I slept fairly okay though.
When I woke up today, I felt tired and sleepy so I curled up on the sofa in my onesie with my blanket over me. I fell asleep until it was time to eat. Thankfully I wasn’t feeling too sore this afternoon, but I think the rest helped.
Tonight my knee has been sore, it felt like joint pain rather than muscular. I just wish there was more that could be done for it. I’m too young and would be an unsuitable candidate for a knee replacement as I have Osteoporosis; it might not be dense enough for it to be done. I don’t have much muscle tone so it would be too weak. At the moment, I’m just having liquid pain relief and a strong anaesthetic gel to put on it. I was offered an injection but I was too scared to have one done.
My shoulder blade hasn’t been too bad today but a bit tender tonight, I have Osteoarthritis in it. When I move it too much, it can be awful pain. I started having problems early last year before my sisters’ wedding, and eventually went to see a doctor about it. He said it was just a strain in the muscle but it never got better. I went back to the doctor (after my Hydro-therapist told me to go back) early this year, this time was better. This doctor properly examined me and asked me questions then told me it was Arthritis. I knew it was more than just a strain! It was so frustrating. I have to keep having rests as I write this to give my shoulder and fingers a break.
Anyway, think it is time for me to rest my shoulder now. I hope I get to sleep ok tonight and not feel as tired tomorrow so good night from me.  xxx

1 comment: