Thursday 18 October 2012

Bloods.

Dear Diary,
Well I've had my bloods done and it wasn't the worse blood test that I have had, thankfully. The lady was going to use that magic cream but decided not to as she thought it wouldn't make much difference.
After struggling to get a clear vein in my left arm, she ended up doing it in my good arm. Damnit! She used a tiny needle and managed to get blood out of me. With my dad, and the lady, together they distracted me as much as possible by talking about my upcoming trip to Manchester although I still felt the pain of the needle going into me. She was very gentle with me and took great care not to cause any further bruising than necessary. Afterwards, she held the cotton bud tightly over the needle hole for as long as she could.
Now it is hurting and struggling to move my arm (luckily I am typing this on my iPad and thankfully my fingers are bendy so they can twist to each letter). There a little bit of bruising but not the worse I have had.

I just hope I don't have to wait too long to find out the results but in the meantime, I will just try and think about other things.
See you soon, and keep smiling. Xxx

2 comments:

  1. Did you get it done at FGH Katie? Sorry to hear that it hurt you :( Do you find that it can hurt more or less depending on who takes the blood?

    I have to get my bloods done every two weeks starting tomorrow morning, so here's hoping I get a good nurse that doesnt struggle to find a vein! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I did hun. Definately as some are much more gentle and they check your vein first before they put the needle in. Do you?
    Aww, that really sucks for you Sarah, my thoughts go out to you. Yes, I hope you do too. Good luck with having it done. xx

    ReplyDelete