Thursday 20 December 2012

Occupational Therapy appointment

Dear Diary, 
Well just had another trip to the hospital :) it was all good though. I went to see Sally, my Occupational Therapist. 
She asked me how I was finding my new finger splints which are good but sometimes they're not secure enough so I have to take them with me on my next visit in January. 
Also, she has given me a second set of curved cutlery with foam handles. Now I have a spade which is a fork and spoon combined that will be great for when I have pasta or rice dishes. 
We had a look through her chunky catalogue at plate guards as I'm not able to grip my plate properly with my bad hand so I'm forever chasing bits of food around the plate ha ha! 
This afternoon I'm awaiting for the arrival of my new mattress aviator. So hopefully that will help me lots. I just hope that I don't have to press too hard to operate it. I will keep you updated with how I get on with it. 
I'm off now to try and warm up and rest my knee. See you soon and keep smiling... Xxx

1 comment: