Wednesday 26 December 2012

Merry Christmas!

Dear Diary,
I would just like to say a very big MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of you, my fellow diary readers!! I hope you have had a great day, not over doing it especially if you are a EDS peep. Did you get what you hoped for, what was your dinner like? 
I really enjoyed the day, even managed to help with the Xmas dinner, my first time ever, it was cosy just me and my parents (not forgetting Pixie, my cat). 
My hands weren't too achy after unwrapping presents as they were loosely wrapped making it easier for me to open. Although I'm some of my wrapping wasn't easy for the receivers, ha ha! Luckily, I had my parents and friend helping me. 
The whole process of prepping for Xmas, I did it in moderation. The shopping, the wrapping and the sorting out. This way made it more fun and enjoyable so I didn't have to worry. The only thing I lacked was writing my cards. They are being used for next year to write in. 
My main present from my parents was a Kobo, although I asked for a e-book reader, I stated that I understood if they couldn't get me one so not to worry. My face lit up when I opened it and saw what it was! Whilst most people buy new things because it's the latest gadget, or trend etc, I wanted one as it makes reading easier for me, for example, I can hold it with one hand and I won't lose a page whereas I would in a physical book. A fellow Twitter peep said to me that you can get stands for them so I will be looking into buying one sometime soon. Although I got a Kobo, I also got four books; Cheryl, Tulisa, McFly and Paul O'Grady. I will read these first. These are all big heavy books so will keep me busy as I will have to take very regular breaks to rest from holding them. 
My sister and brother-in-law came in the evening, they stayed for quite a while which was lovely. We watched The Royle Family which was funny. 
Everyone who received presents off me loved them. Like for three special peeps, I baked some shortbread men and placed them in jars with ribbons tied in bows on them. This was one secret, I couldn't wait to find out their reactions! 
Of course, everyone who knows me, knows I like to have my naps to keep me going, I managed to have one before the sister came, I didn't realise how much all the excitement and cooking had tired me out, although I did have a Sherry and a little glass of Bucks Fizz so they probably helped with the sleep, ha ha! 
Anyway, will write soon, enjoy the rest of the festive period and take it easy. Be merry! Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment