Tuesday 18 December 2012

A reason to smile.

Dear Diary,
Well nothing much to say that's different about my body with all it's aches and pain, still trying to get on top of my bowel troubles and keeping my tiredness at bay which isn't easy, especially in this cold weather. 
Although when I woke up at 4:30 this morning needing the loo and I struggled to get back to sleep as I was having pain in my leg (the one with my bad knee) from my hip down to my foot. I soon realised what I had been doing to cause this and it was from last night when I was sitting on the floor trying to wrap my Xmas presents (luckily I had my friend to give me a hand or two). I have now leant not to sit on the floor too much and for long periods at a time. One of the ways I find comfortable when sitting on the floor is by having my ankles bending right back by my hips (my old physiotherapist often told me not to sit like this as it can cause my hips to dislocate etc). 
Over the last few days, I have spent some quality time with my close family and closest friends and not forgetting my support worker :-) this has brightened up my spirits and helped me get into the spirit of Xmas. I can't wait to see the rest of my family over the coming week :-)
I am going back to my Occupational Therapist at the hospital on Thursday so I will let you know how I get on. I hope all my loved ones are taking care and to my fellow Bendies. 
Keep smiling peeps xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment