Monday 21 January 2013

Fundraising update and swollen ankle/leg.

Dear Diary,
Today has been a mixture of good and bad for me. After not sleeping very well, and laying across the bed so I could have my knee on the edge dangling my foot down. Then to suddenly getting woken up to loud knocking on the door, I kinda sprung out of bed half asleep, ending up nearly going flying across my room as I went to put my foot down on the floor and got to the door only to find whoever it was had quickly disappeared. Then the light headedness appeared and I was in great pain with my knee and foot. 
When I was getting ready, I checked my foot as I was sure it wasn't right, and it was swollen around the ankle. I struggled to put my boot on it, I know these boots fit perfectly usually but I perservered by continuing to wear it. I would have only struggled with my other footwear and these ones are ankle boots which were furry inside and easiest to put on. 
When I was out with my support worker, she managed to take my mind off it a little as we were discussing about the fundraising topic. There will be a FUNDRAISING EVENT coming soon so keep an eye out for it! We came up with lots of ideas and maintained to realistic with what we decided. I will keep you updated on our progress with it. I'm determined to make it a success. 
Tonight, I just relaxed on the sofa and tried to rest my foot up but struggled cause of my knee. My dad gave my foot a little massage just to try and ease the swelling, it helped a bit. This has made me more ambitious to succeed at the fundraising for the Ehlers Danlos Syndrome charity. 
My shoulder pain is starting to flare up a bit now so I'm going to say farewell for today and hopefully I'll feel more comfortable in bed tonight. Keep smiling and take care in this snowy weather. Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment