Friday 11 January 2013

Dr's Appointment

Dear Diary,
After forcing myself to get up early, today has been pretty long with having hydro as well. Still smiling though!
Well I went to the doctors like I said I was, I think it has eased some of my worries. I actually went inon my  own which is a positive showing that u trust and feel comfortable in talking the GP by myself.
She explained to me about my vitamin d deficiency which is D3 where the calcium is involved. The normal levels for this is 50 and mine is very low at 23. This could explain partly why I feel even more tired than whats expected of an EDS peep and feeling low. So she's put me on Adcal, a big white powdery chewable tablet twice a day. I think I have to have my bloods done again in about 3 months to check things. If my levels raise enough by them, I'm hoping I can have less of the Adcal and be on a high calcium/calorie/fibre diet which is what I'd rather do.
This led us on to check to see if there was any more results from the blood test and there wasn't which is a good sign. She went through the report back from the rheumatologist and found she wants to refer me to have an echocardiogram and to a dietitian with my weight being so low. We were puzzled to why the Rheumy hasn't actually done the referrals herself but least it's been done now.
I talked about my bowel troubles and she has prescribed me some laxative medicine for whenever I need it. I explained that I have been trying to change my diet for the better. She understands why i would have trouble because I'm not as mobile etc.
We even had a little giggle and she was very patient and understanding. At least I know I have a good GP now who listens and genuinely cares. I can now relax until my echocardiogram had dietitian appointments but in the meantime, I will continue with my eating and take my medicines.
I think I've pretty much summed up the appointment. My hydro went well, just made me more tired and hungry (but nothing new ha ha!) keep smiling. Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment